Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Night #5

Current Schedule


My body has successfully adjusted to the schedule.  I went to bed around 2 am and woke up at 7 am. Since I knew that I was going to be spending the day with my biff, I went back to sleep 10 minutes later for 40 minutes instead of taking 2 forty minute naps in the afternoon.  Hopefully, tomorrow, I can take my naps.

I definitely think this is working. I had no coffee today and I feel fine. I wasn't extra-productive however, which was the whole point of this. I spent all of my free time watching two movies - Ben X and Be With Me.  Both are foreign films (very cliché for a college student, I know).


Ben X was a German movie about an autistic gamer who overcomes bullies thanks to the help of his perfect girl, who he met online.  The movie creatively showed the audience how Ben views and relates to the reality through the mindset of the game.  The flow is a bit disjointed, but in the end it all ties together very nicely.



Be With Me was a Singaporean movie detailing three stories of love: a lonely shopkeeper reads the autobiography of a blind and deaf woman, two teenage girls deal fall in love, and a security guard is head over heels for a co-worker who doesn't notice him.  I highly recommend this to lovers of Paris Je'taime and Love, Actually. However, I caution that like many other Asian films, Be With Me has a quieter style of storytelling that is not dialogue-driven, but rather image-driven. (i.e. If you prefer to watch the dubbed versions of anime movies that fill in the silent scenes with voice-overs, this might not be your cup of tea.)


Taken from pochoclos.com


2 more nights to go until I start the new schedule!

---------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to check out how my sister-blogger, Mara is doing here.

No comments:

Post a Comment