Thursday, January 7, 2010

Nights #6 & #7

Current Schedule


So I forgot to post yesterday. Gomen nasai!!! After night #6, I spent the majority of the day at the beach enjoying the sun and shopping there.  I bought a cute pair of board shorts and a tee for my R.A.  I really love the sun, but I do miss Boston (I realized this when I was talking to my friend who also goes to college in Boston).


The Billabong "Gloria" boardshorts I bought
Taken from swell.com

Things I love about California:

1. The sun
2. The people (that includes my family and friends here)
3. Disneyland
4. Yogurtland

Things I love (and miss) about Boston:

1. My friends
2. The walkability
3. Emerson
4. Bova's
5. Being responsible for myself, only
6. Getting warm after being in the cold
7. Art scene

The score's 4-6, away team advantage.

Before I went to the beach, I watched Oldboy, a film recommended to me by my biff.  I really, really enjoyed it even though I watched the subbed version.  I liked it so much that when I came back home from the beach, I watched Lady Vengeance, the sequel.  Both are gory and deal with morality and mind games and have dark humor. My favorite part of Lady Vengeance is the most violent part of the entire movie due to my love for dark humor.  Both movies are part of  Korean director Chan-wook Park's Vengeance trilogy (Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, Oldboy, Sympathy for Lady Vengeance).  I have yet to watch Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, but I'm sure it won't disappoint.  I do caution that both movies are extremely violent and not for the faint of heart.


Oldboy U.S. movie poster
Taken from allmoviephoto.com


Sympathy for Lady Vengeance U.S. poster
Taken from hubpages.com

After night #7, I spent the day doing the laundry and surprise, surprise watching more movies. I watched Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead and Ballet Shoes.  Both movies feature names you will recognize: Tim Roth and Emma Watson, respectively.  Both movies were splendidly feel good.  And I did workout a little today. Woot!

My posts are getting longer and longer with each day... good or bad thing? It was my last night on Everyman 2-nap schedule. Tonight, I will get even less sleep!

---------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to check out how Mara's doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment